Medical Care Personnel’ Aspiration

Please email us your opinions, thank you!

Nephrologist Dr. Franky Leung Kei-tai

Up20a下e20 On:2016-04

At present there are about 8000 end-stage renal disease patients who need dialysis service. Among them, 80% accept the peritoneal dialysis (i.e. stomach washing) three and four times per day, each time from one to two hours; while the other 20% receive haemodialysis (blood washing service) two and three times a week. Due to the limited medical resources in Hong Kong, most patients use the peritoneal dialysis treatment but the treatment time is so long that it affects normal daily life. There are less than 10 privately-operated dialysis centres in Hong Kong but patients who need dialysis service are increasing rapidly. Usually the dialysis services provided by private centre are very expensive; so the service provided by our Centre can relieve patients’ burden.

Nephrologist Dr. Liu Yan Lun

Up17a下e17 On:2013-06

In 2009, there are about 7,000 renal failure patients and more than 900 new cases each year. Among the patients, 46% of them also suffer from diabetes due to the imbalanced lifestyle and diet.

The number of renal disease patients and patients who need dialysis service both rise, we hope our service can help more patients. Through promotion and health talks, we hope to raise the awareness in the community about the urgency for more medical service.

Nurse Ms. Yung

Up17a下e17 On:2013-03

I have worked for over 10 years in the nephrology division of public hospitals. Therefore, I understand that safety is the most important aspect of medical service so I pay attention to compliance with safety standards by the service provided at the centre.

In addition, I pay great attention to establish relationships with the patients like friends and family as they come here for treatment twice or three times a week. Sometimes they see the medical care personnel more than their family. Everybody's happy being together’ making them happy to receive the therapy is helpful to their recovery. The renal patients are just like long-distance race runners who need supplies to continue their journey until receiving a kidney transplant.  Our role is to give patients supplies and correct guidance.